Friday, November 19, 2004

Bad mom, no biscuit

It's raining today, so I drove William to the nearest shopping mall to run off some energy. On the way home, both he & I were hungry, so against my better judgement, I went through a fast food drive through, as it would be at least 15-20 minutes before we'd be home to make real food for lunch. He'd eaten enough graham crackers, and I was jonesing. Anyway.

I got William some chicken strips (not his first ones, I'm ashamed to admit), and pulled over into a parking space to tear them into chunks for him. Once he was settled, I got back on the road again, happily munching on my own heart disease inducing crap (OK, the two cheeseburger meal, if you must know - but with orange JUICE! healthy!).

William was pretty quiet, munching on his fried chicken strips, looking out the window. About 1/2 way home, I glanced at him in the rearview mirror again, and saw to my horror that he'd fallen asleep - with a piece of chicken strip half falling out of his mouth.

Now, he often falls asleep in the car, and has also fallen asleep while eating lunch; but this looked for all the world like a fast-food overdose/coma. I couldn't decide whether to laugh or be ashamed for what I'd done to my child.

Once we got home, I dislodged the half-chewed chicken strip from his lips. The rest of them await the end of his now-much-too-early nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home